View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 12:08 PM
BTCG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
thanks....
my neighbor has an older philips ( 2005/6? model ) that he let me borrow. i used it, and it recorded, but when i went to play the dvd on my computer it wouldnt....the menu screen was there, but when it started to play it stopped at 1 minute in. both shows i recorded did the same thing. they both played on the philips no problem, and when i explored the disc on my computer it showed the files as being normal size along with the time of the show? is my internal drive screwed up in some way? its the factory drive that came with the 'puter, an HP from 2008. the drive is a DVD player/burner. I read the choice of blank disc could cause problems, and the one i used was a cheapie memorex DVD+/-R RW. i did go out and get a pack of verbatim AZO DVD+/-R discs, as i read those are good ones, but the dang philips player said unknown disc so i couldnt record anything.

should i get a new internal DVD drive for the 'puter? all the ones i see now are SATA drives, and i know the drive in my machine is a serial one. I did see an LG drive at worst buy, for like 30 bucks, that was a serial but it must be discontinued as i didn't see it on LG's website.

wally world has magnavox HDD DVD recorders, and according to the folks on AVS forum, those are good machines, the guts are made by funai? theyre not cheap, $280 or so for the 1TB model, the 500G and 300G machines are only $20 cheaper each, so it makes no sense to "save" $40 by going with the 300G...
Get you the Slysoft software suite.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/

If you only get one... make it AnyDVD