View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 01:48 PM
McDugan

vCash: 500
I don't have a definitive answer to your question, but I have noticed a similar phenomenon in my Kor Shift2 which I'm skating on over the past few weeks after almost two years off the ice.

Maybe my feet have changed slightly, maybe the skates are breaking in more (they didn't get much use before i was taken out of the game by life circumstances for a while) and opening up, but to me they do feel stiffer and harder to put on than they used to, and they don't hug my feet the way they did in the time right after I baked them - especially on my right foot for whatever reason. (My right and left feet are characteristically fairly different form each other - right foot slightly smaller with higher arch and wider at its widest than the left)

I will say that in my case, they also are less comfortable to skate in than the first few times I skated on them back in 2011. I'm now moving to Shift1's a half-size down, which have much more of a glove-like fit and have a great deal less negative space in them.

I can only assume that my feet have changed in some way - that seems more likely than the skates morphing while not in use. Don't be too sure that your feet haven't undergone slow change.

McDugan is offline   Reply With Quote