View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 03:20 PM
do0glas

vCash: 500
and i found these stats interesting

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...p&sortdir=DESC

if you dont know what HARO and HARD are. they are essentially the percentage the offense/defense was boosted when a player was on the ice. HART being the average. take that in conjuction with quality of teammates and quality of competition and you have a fair assessment. 0 being an average player.

in sheppards case: offensively he boosted his team quite a bit against soft competition. and faced much harder defensive assignments with not as great quality of teammates.

and for gali: well hes facing similar matchups on offense, and easier defensive matchups and not having the same impact as sheppard. you could argue galiardi is benefiting from burns offensive effects more than impacting the line himself. where as sheppard is carrying his line offensively.

i also like the HART rating. which essentially tells you their two way ability in a quick snap. sheppard is still top ten in this. so he is really doing well in terms of generating chances for his team through defensive reliabilty.

and i dont know if im reading it all wrong, but the guys facing the toughest competition defensively are guys like burns, torres, burish, gomez and pavs.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote