Old
04-17-2013, 02:55 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Correlation =/= Causation
It's fine that you disagree, but the fact of the matter is that this team's play is illustrating that they are trending in the wrong direction. I know there is nowhere to go but down when you're the #1 seed in the Eastern Conference, but you've seen how this team has been inconsistent all season. Sometimes players/teams need a new voice, or a message or a system.

This Rangers team appears to have peaked last year or regressed this year. For the life of me, I can't figure out if it's one, the other or a combination of both, which is why I'm torn on whether I'd like to see this team coached by John Tortorella.

With how well-guarded the Rangers are with closed practices, one can only go by Tortorella's actions/expressions on the bench during games and how he speaks to the media to see what kind of tone he sets. Those "types" of coaches tend to burn players out. Without looking to see who the Stanley Cup winning coaches replaced, I can't tell you if that was the case in those instances. Trends are just that, which was what I was attempting to illustrate, but the fact remains that newer coaches have had more of an immediate impact since the end of the last lockout.