View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 04:33 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
This is old, old thinking. It literally goes like this: "Crap! This guy isn't any good. Let's trade him to another team!" That last worked in the early 2000s or so.

The problem is... the other team knows he isn't any good either. They have scouts. So either you find yourself in a situation where the other team doesn't want to acquire him (or won't pay your price) or they DO want to acquire him and you should question your initial judgment of how bad he is. It's just not the league of stupid GMs and bad scouts that this forum seems to think. Well, aside from Calgary.
It depends. You could have 2 scouts from the same team fell that 1 player has plateaued while the other may fell he still has room to grow. Same way how fans can see the same player and have differing opinions, we sometimes see a player too many times so we start picking up on the small faults in their game to the point that we start to think they're not as good as they really are (same reason why scouts only want to see a guy 3-5 times).

It's all risk vs reward, though in this instance you can have 2 winners, both teams get a player they need now and in the future. I wouldn't do the trade just because I'll take what I know in Smith & I think that a very good player will fall on draft day.

DatsyukToZetterberg is online now   Reply With Quote