View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 03:54 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
I agree. It is incumbent on Kreider to prove that he should stay and put forth the all out effort that any professional should put out, but that being said is it fair to bury the kid on the fourth line after he makes one or two mistakes? I don't think you can treat every young player the same. The kid has talent and abilities that are sorely missing on this team. In order to succeed you have to give the the kid more than just a period or two to show you what he has. How about a stretch of 3 or 4 games while playing consistently on a line that has some offensive ability? I know now its too late in the season to do this, but if its either 4th line minutes (after making one or two mistakes) or the minors for the rest of season then obviously the minors would be better place for him to hone his skills.
He has to earn the promotion as it pertains to ice time and line mates. If he's not doing what the coach asks/requires he's not going to get rewarded.

Kredier has been inconsistent at best regardless of the role that has been asked of him, the whole team has, but when you are fighting for the PO's, it is easier to trust a vet in certain situations than a kid that is still dripping wet behind the ears.

he hasn't shown that he should be given 5-10 games to play with Stepan and Nash (they are the only two consistent producing forwards) and playing him with Richards is not going to do anything for the kid.

I do agree with your last comment. 20 minutes a night in all game situations in Hartford or 7-8 minutes a night in NY?

I prefer Hartford as well.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote