View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

vCash: 500
Never considered myself to be a Torts hater. There was things about him that I really liked. In particular, I always felt a players coach just doesn't do well in NY. Things are different here. Lots of distractions. Players can sort of "hide" here and get away with it. When Torts came, I initially thought that you wouldn't hear stories like ones past where guy were surfing on the hoods of cars on their way to a strip club on the night before a game, or you wouldn't have guys missing practice because they spent the night in a NYC sewer...or guys breaking falling and breaking their ankle stumbling down the street after a bender. All stories that are fun to hear but when facing reality are probably part of the main reason this organization as a whole has lacked success while being able to offer the world to the guys that came here to play. I felt that if leadership from a captains standpoint wasn't large enough then you needed a tyrant as a coach. I think it worked...for a while!

Now there is the new problem. This organization has pretty much iced the best team on paper since 1994 yet, nearing the end of this shortened season the club has yet to put it together. They are at times painful to watch. I understand what JT has tried to build here. A system that each and every player fully understands. A system where any player can pretty much jump in and know his role and what is expected. A system where players become interchangeable parts. Like say the Devils of the past decade were. Well this just didn't transpire. So, are the players just that ignorant that they don't have the "get-it" factor or are they not properly coached or taught to understand it. Or is it simply put...the system itself just doesn't work?

I have some reservations on JT as the guy that is going to get them there. I hope he proves me wrong.