View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 07:54 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
No, Emelin is not a game changer. But losing him changed the entire structure of our defence.

Markov is worse without him since he no longer has a NHL caliber top 4 defenceman on his pair. Markov went from somewhere around ''decent'' 5 on 5 with Emelin to a blackhole defensively without him.

Bouillon is worse because he can't play top 4 minutes for a long stretch of time. Never could, never has and never will.

The 3rd pair is worse.

The penalty kill is in shambles.

As a result of all of this and other factors, goaltending is struggling.

It's a trickle down effect.
You make a good point, I definitely agree that Emelin has hurt the structure of our defense. I just think it isn't as much Emelin going down as much as multiple factors, although admittedly one of those factors is how poorly Gorges and Bouillon are playing. Our team defense is definitely one to blame.

I just feel as though it isn't just a coincidence that we are all playing poorly as soon as we clinch the playoffs. Our offense also can't produce any prolonged offense and our goalies are absolutely horrid. It is just one of those streaks where nothing goes your way, it happens to all teams, and I am confident the Habs will get over it.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote