View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 08:13 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
How do you know his camp refused because it'd look bad? I've heard no news of him being offered anything, nevermind him refusing it. Would you please provide a link?

I'd assume if he had been offered something and refused, it was likely because it wasn't what he was seeking, whether that being a one-way deal or not the right amount of money. In all likelihood, no team will make an offer because for them to make an offer which LA wouldn't match would be far more than anyone would want to pay. ROR for example got offered $5.5 million, which most would say is crazy, and Colorado still matched.

Also, whether or not there would be compensation would be dictated by the offer. The NHL compensation chart before the lockout looked like this:

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/20...e-offer-sheets

Considering the salary cap is the same this year as it was set to be before the lockout, and there's no news of it changing following the lockout, I'm going to assume it's the same as above. As such, anything above $1.1 million calls for compensation. And I'd assume anything below LA would match. Soderberg garnered just over $1 million in a hit hit, and it's hard to argue Bud is worth more than him. As such, that's likely why Bud hasn't been given an RFA offer sheet worthy of signing, because LA would likely match it. Anything they wouldn't match would likely cost to much and cost compensation.

Either way, I'd love to see where you are getting the info that Bud declined or otherwise ignored an offer sheet due to it 'looking bad.'
LA refused to give him a one-way as it was, so I have doubts they'd match a 1-year deal which would take him to UFA anyway and pay him a million dollars with a lockout looming. Assuming that's the range any hypothetical deal was in.

And of course I don't have a link, you know that. How in the hell would I have a link for something like that? I know a guy who knows a guy, let's leave it at that. You don't have to believe anything I say, that's cool, but it is the truth.

The Mighty Duck Man is offline   Reply With Quote