View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 08:19 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
I agree with the bolded. The other thing that has to happen is a guy the Wings feel is the #1-3 ranked have to fall, or somebody they feel has more upside then Smith at their respective position. It's why I think it'd only be for Lindholm/Barkov/Nichushkin (if we drafted Russians) they all have #1C or elite W potential, I can't see Drouin/Mack/Jones falling to where the other team would give up their pick.
I know if Buffalo was in that 6-9 range they would not trade their pick if Lindholm/Barkov/Nichushkin was available in their spot. If those people were gone when they picked they would consider moving down.

Detroit would really need to shoot for #5. That is going to be very difficult.

The team they need to target is a team who is looking to win now so they do not want to have to wait 2+ yrs for this pick to become a player on their team.

Another factor is based on draft scenarios...if the team picking isnt looking for Center or Defense they may be more inclined to move down and pick a winger. Outised of Drouin their isnt any other winger lited in the top 10, but more listed in 11-20.

they would rather get pieces who could play now, but they wont be hurt by picking 13-16. 13-16 player could be just as good as a player drafted 7-10.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote