Thread: Mark Fraser
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 08:42 PM
The_Chosen_One

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sommervr View Post
Ranger isn't soft.. The two young guys are but there is still room for additional truculence as required.

Don't have to be big to be tough. Salming is my fav leaf D of all time, couldn't fight a lick but tough as nails. Philly tried to murder him numerous times when he was a rookie in the bad old days.
Ranger is soft? I mean, if the minimum requirement for tough is Scott Stevens, I'd agree. However, those who have seen Paul Ranger play understands why we need someone like him.

The playoffs is a high pressure event, we're going to need a guy that can log tough minutes and have a top mental game. Ranger is that guy. Two-way defenceman, who can generate offence, but also tighten up the defence in order to maintain leads. He knows how to control his end well.

The fact is we're expecting Phaneuf to do that despite not being utilized in that manner during his Norris-day on the Flames. Regehr would probably love Dion now. Too bad he has no place on this roster, but someone like Ranger: definitely.

The_Chosen_One is offline   Reply With Quote