Thread: Proposal: Edmonton-Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 10:08 PM
HockeySens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
No thanks from this Sens fan. I know Edmonton is overpaying, in fact it's not even an argument, this is a great deal assets-wise. Greening + 4th for Hemsky + 2nd is incredible value for Ottawa.

I just really don't want to trade Hemsky for Greening.

It's hard to articulate why, but the best reason I can find, is that I believe that Ottawa wins more games both long and short term with Greening on the roster than they do with Hemsky on the roster. I know Greening will never outscore Hemsky. I know Hemsky probably plays more minutes, has better defensive stats, etc.. It's not about leadership or effort either. Maybe there's some crazy statistical argument to explain my position, but I will probably never find it. I'm not claiming that Greening is essential to team chemistry either.

I just legitimately believe that Ottawa will win more games because of the totality of what Greening brings to the team versus what Hemsky will bring. Ottawa isn't in a position to lose games for the benefit of assets. If anything I think they should be trading a package of Greening + something else for someone who can win them more games.
I kind of agree, no doubt hemsky has more talent and skill than greening but edmonton fans know thats its not all about skill, you need depth players who have some size, physicality and works hard

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote