View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
While I have been all in favour of the non-move in context with Emelin being injured after the deadline, I think I was a little blinded by our good luck injury wise. For this til now great season to be headed for disaster is not acceptable after having to live through last year. I'm now thinking MB might have been able to get someone better than Drewiskie (at the very least, we can argue that his evaluation of this hidden gem was off). Someone who hits and is competent. Emelin's loss is huge, and I am in the camp that feels he's had an effect on the whole team in terms of D partnering, transition, hitting, etc.

Depending on what the deals were, that's where my opinion of MB's non-big move hangs in the balance. I find it hard to believe we couldn't get someone on a longer term contract (or with a condition of how far we get or for re-signing) who would have softened the blow. At the time, no need. Now...I feel like I was wrong. This defense is beyond repair. You can't ask Boullion to be top 4 (he's great bottom pair) and have DD44 and LJV crapping the bed. That said, Josh Gorges was doggy doo doo and has been for awhile. I reaaally hope he did not give a media comment. He needs to shut up and play instead of just yapping.

Just to be clear, wouldn't have given away any of the top prospects, but again, seems like some teams got solid players for nothing.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote