Thread: Player Discussion: Brad Richards Part II
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Why can't a player (let's say a good offensive player) ever just be playing bad without immediately being given the label of lazy, disinterested, possibly playing with injury etc.

Can we just admit he's off this year? Maybe he's lost a step? Maybe he didn't prepare enough in the offseason and was just not ready? He doesn't have to be called lazy just because he's not playing well.

We've now heard the same thing about Richards, Drury, Gaborik, Gomez, Anisimov, Zherdev and pretty much every single offensive player that was expected to perform and for one reason or another did not.

I, for one, really do not buy into the theory of these guys being lazy and such and think it is nothing but an excuse for the fan base. The guys are professional hockey players, top players, and have been for years. They try hard. If it's not working it's not working for other reasons.
I don't think Richards is lazy.

His legs just look done.

I feel bad for him, because I have been feeling the same this year in the sports I've been playing. I had much more explosiveness when playing rugby and lacrosse last year, now my legs get worn out during games after 5 minutes of play. Just gonna need to hit the gym and work on the metabolism to get less tired during the offseason.