View Single Post
Old
04-17-2013, 11:58 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
As said before, ignoring the present success and thinking that the present success multiplied by the optimistic hope for the future is a fools game played by losers.

Hockey is a violent contact sport. I would hope that none of our players are seriously injured. However, any prospect's future is placed at risk every game that they play. Blown out knees. Severe concussions. A multitude of injuries that ruins the careers of players every season.

Carpe diem. Seize the day. There are no promises for the future turning out as you hope and expect.
Cape Diem does not fit when you have only enough fishes to feed yourself.

The risk of injuries hits every team but when your team does not have the fundamentals to address the current situation you need to take decision based on the people available to you.

Now if you think that this team has most of the elements to make a SC run like Shero did, then you can give many rounds to get assets to allow you to go further.

It all turns out to one question: Are we good enough to compete with Chicago or Pittsburgh?

So if you think that this is the year to put all on the table and try to go for a SC final, then giving up many 2nd round picks is the answer.

A week ago, the answer could be a 20-80 to go for a cup.
Now we do understand that this team may win the cup but the odds of doing so are lower.

The last three games have been pretty revealing...
We are really great on the path toward being a true contender but we need a few more parts: on the defense, we need Tinordi and Beaulieu to be ready and this will take two more years, on the offense we need one or two more players to add to Gallagher and Galchenyuk.

Once this is done, we will be a true contender ready to trade to get assets to complement out team.

We are having totally different approach:
  • I think we need to wait till our core is ready to trade for assets to go for the cup;
  • You seem to think we are ready ans we should trade assets right now.
Sorry to tell you: Pens are ready to trade assets but we are not.

BTW, I agree with you just not on the timing.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote