View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 12:54 AM
JTPoni23
Swiss For 2 Weeks...

vCash: 500
I'm in high school now, but when I was a little kid my dad had a small book store, and he would constantly bring me home the latest hockey history books. I probably spent a good chunk of my childhood reading and rereading Maple Leaf Legends by Mike Leonetti. Then my dad bought me Leafs TV in '03 I think, and I actually got to see these guys I had been reading about for months and years on the classic games. I thought it was better than PS One. No matter how bad the game film was, or if the TV was muted, I could always pick out Keon, even as a 7 or 8 year old. To go back and see him play in person...can't even imagine what that would be like.

When I was really young I remember kids would be infatuated with Sundin, Mogilny, Cujo and Nolan while I would be talking to them about Keon, Teeder, the Chief and even vintage guys like Lorne Chabot with his famous baseball cap, and the Metz brothers etc. They all thought I was crazy.

Even a high schooler who was brought up at the turn of the millennium can recognize Keon is the greatest Leaf of all time. Remember, us youth don't all have blinders on. Just 99% of us.

Last edited by JTPoni23: 04-18-2013 at 01:04 AM.
JTPoni23 is offline   Reply With Quote