Old
04-18-2013, 02:54 AM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
the reason this happens is because going back to college may not improve your draft stock even if it does improve your game, such as noel. if he does decide to return to duke to develop a post game, weight, etc. would he really improve over his top 5/#1 stock.

but i do agree, some of these guys get bad advice from family/'agents', because all they want is money, and end up ruining their nba careers because they aren't ready i.e. austin rivers/cousins/MKG
I wasn't talking about guys like Smart at the top of the draft board. I was talking about guys who are late 1sts or 2nd rounders at best who give up the opportunity to improve in college or even use their education to set up a life after basketball. I've seen stories about guys who had family members and agents tell them to turn pro and sell them on the story of the NBA millionaire. Then they get drafted in teh 2nd round, get cut from their non-guaranteed contract, and end up either playing journeyman in the lower tier Euro leagues or out of basketball entirely with nothing to show for it.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 32 GP, 12-15-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.