View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 07:34 AM
Eytinge

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
The draft royally sucks anyway.

NBA Drafts have since the college rule was put in effect.
Huh? The last few drafts have been good IMO, outside of 2011. This year though has been called the weakest draft since the Kenyon Martin first overall year (2001?). It was a good year to give up a late lottery pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangleitis91 View Post
Think that was a good year for our team regardless of missing the playoffs! As a poster above stated the 16-15 finish after the Gay trade is encouraging. Jonas Valanciunas was fantastic in the latter half of the season very happy with his progress as a young big man.

Hopefully next season works out and we crack a 6-7-8th position
Barely over .500 isn't anything to be excited about. I'll be frank, I don't put a lot of stock into these last 5 or 6 games. Playoff teams are resting their main guys, high lottery teams are tanking...teams have their foot off the pedals while the Raptors were playing to save jobs lol. Casey and BC look a lot more safe going 5-2 to end the season, which annoys me quite honestly. And Demar/Gay start hitting threes when all the pressure is off.

In an ideal offseason, Bryan and Casey would be let go of, Bargnani amnestied and we go from there. None of the above will probably happen. Do we still have a draft pick at all this year from the Telfair trade? (i recall some conditions on it). Finishing out of the playoffs with no picks at all would suck.