Thread: Proposal: Edmonton-Ottawa
View Single Post
04-18-2013, 08:05 AM
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
First, I want to say props to all OTT and EDM fans in this thread. Never thought I'd see a peaceful trade thread featuring these two teams, as they always degrade (as most do) into a pissing match. So good on all of us. (Sens fan here, by the way)

Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Ok, this is my first trade proposal so go easy on me.

To EDM- Colin Greening
2013 5th

To OTT- Ales Hemsky
2013 2nd (ANA)

Oilers need some grit, energy, and passion in ther bottom six and Greening fits the bill.

Sens get a guy who can play in the top six and CAN be the best player on the ice, he would compliment Milan Michalek very well, they also pick up a second round pick in a deep draft.

Please no homer war!

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Greening + 4th for Hemsky if we can't snag a top player on FA.
I like both of these for the Sens (ideally with Hemsky extended on a decent deal). Slight preference to the OP's proposal, but both are good value, and address team needs for both teams. Props to you both.

My only concern is it takes a spot away from an up and coming top 6 forward prospect, like Stone, Noesen, Puempel, etc. But we could go with 3 scoring lines, and have the younguns playing against lower level competition to ease them in, or use them in a package with other assets to upgrade.

Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa can afford to eat the whole contract.
True, but the question is would Melnyk want to? We have the cap space, so its a question if he wants to pay the $$$ .

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote