Thread: Proposal: Edmonton-Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 09:05 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
First, I want to say props to all OTT and EDM fans in this thread. Never thought I'd see a peaceful trade thread featuring these two teams, as they always degrade (as most do) into a pissing match. So good on all of us. (Sens fan here, by the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozesmadness View Post
Ok, this is my first trade proposal so go easy on me.

To EDM- Colin Greening
2013 5th

To OTT- Ales Hemsky
2013 2nd (ANA)

Oilers need some grit, energy, and passion in ther bottom six and Greening fits the bill.

Sens get a guy who can play in the top six and CAN be the best player on the ice, he would compliment Milan Michalek very well, they also pick up a second round pick in a deep draft.

Please no homer war!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
Greening + 4th for Hemsky if we can't snag a top player on FA.
I like both of these for the Sens (ideally with Hemsky extended on a decent deal). Slight preference to the OP's proposal, but both are good value, and address team needs for both teams. Props to you both.

My only concern is it takes a spot away from an up and coming top 6 forward prospect, like Stone, Noesen, Puempel, etc. But we could go with 3 scoring lines, and have the younguns playing against lower level competition to ease them in, or use them in a package with other assets to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Ottawa can afford to eat the whole contract.
True, but the question is would Melnyk want to? We have the cap space, so its a question if he wants to pay the $$$ .

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote