Thread: NHL 14: ** NHL 14 Thread **
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Snipeshow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
Though the XBOX360 was released in November 2005, EA didn't release a next-gen game for the system until the following September. Likewise, although the PS3 was released in November 2006, EA didn't port NHL 07 to that system, instead waiting for NHL 08 to release a next-gen game on to the PS3.

Hopefully, the current development team won't rush the release on to next generation platforms. While EA waited a full year after the 360 and PS3 had each been released, 2K Sports released an upgraded version of NHL 2K6 on to the XBOX360 as a launch title, and 2K7 as a PS3 launch title. The next-gen 2K games weren't all that much improved from their sixth generation (PS2, XBOX) counterparts.

I also hope they don't scrap all of the features implemented into the current-gen game only to reintroduce them in increments throughout the PS4's lifetime. Most of the features such as boardplay were already in NHL 2004. When EA began work on NHL 07, they started all over again. They would be taking a huge step back by offering the bare minimum again for the next edition unless they offer another revolutionary game mechanic. Even the skill stick was, to some degree, already available in NHL 2003 -- they just didn't configure up and down on the analog stick for shooting.
This.

My point was that many people will skip NHL 14 and wait for NHL 15 on Next-Gen if they don't offer anything special for people to buy it on the Current-Gen.

The whole "remove features to sell them as 'new' on Next-Gen" is insulting to us. If they pull that crap again, I'll be pissed.