View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
It's not any more set it stone that well be picking after he's off the board than the notion that well be picking him around 6th. Anything can happen between now and then. We could lose out the rest of our games and end up with a pick around 3 or 4. We don't know.

Have hope!!!

Also, what about moving read for Rundblad, and then flipping Coburn for a 1st + a winger prospect at the draft? I personally am high on Ty Rattie, who is probably ready to compete for an nhl spot IMO. Don't know that St. Louis would be interested in giving up that much for another defenseman though.
Might have been able to get that before the Blues acquired Bouwmeester. I don't think so now, though.

(I wouldn't have endorsed the trade at the time--I think we need to keep Coburn unless a proven top-4 defenseman is coming back--but that's another matter).

It is true that Nurse could drop, but I just don't see him dropping to 9 or 10. Jones, Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin, Monahan, Lindholm...who else is going to go off the board before him?

EDIT: On Read/Rundblad--I'd rather just move our 1st (assuming Nurse is off the board) for a young PMD.