View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Price lost the game against the Leafs.... no doubt about it. Philly was an entire team breakdown with three breakaways that I saw along with numerous defensive breakdowns... Price had to be amazing for us to come out of the 1st down 2-1.

Yeah, he's hit bad times but it's silly to suggest having Budaj take over. It's been two bad games, you've got to have more faith in Price than that. I understand us sitting him against Pittsburgh but to bench him? Doesn't make sense.

Budaj is the backup for a reason. He's been great this year and that's a luxury we should all be happy to have. If Price goes down in the playoffs... so be it. But let's not get ahead of ourselves... He's been mostly solid this year. When he's been bad he's stunk but he certainly doesn't need replacing.
LG I did not demand Budaj the last 6 games, I said if he is the best goalie, we should go with him for now to maximize our finishing spot. The theme of my post is that Habs must act to win the division as best they can, and if that means sitting CP, so be it.

Anyway, the point on going with Budaj if he plays well perhaps is moot after last night.