View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 10:44 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Off course, when we take the POs into consideration: If Plüss will be there... there's no spot for Cunti. But I pray to whoever I have to, that Simpson finally sees that Ambühl was a product of Brunner, when he played 1st Line... how many games he played C this year with the Lions? ...definitely not more than a couple...but we had this topic before
I actually agree that Ambühl would be best used as a winger, but unlike you I don't mind him as a center. 2008 was maybe his best tournament and he centered Wick and Bärtschi back then. And Krüger also used him many times as a defensive center.

Quote:
I just think, this WCC should be the test-tournament for the Olympics... and I want the best talent on the team in Sotchii to medal (or lose in prelimary round), but not this typical swiss between (for a solid 7th or 8th finish). evenmoreso when there's nobody get relegated at the OG. it's the time for risky moves!
I disagree with your point of view here. After missing the quarterfinals twice in a row, I think the team needs a strong showing this year. At the point where Switzerland is now, medalling at the World Championship would be as big as medalling at the Olympics.

Quote:
How dare you, comparing Bieber to Cunti one is a worker, the other is an artist with soft hands, and with very good situational play-making.

You're probably right about Sprunger.... I just like him very much as a character and player and always thought from all slow, soft and skilled players, he's the guy with the biggest talent (hands, shot, passing) and definitely the best reach... and I still think with a very talented C and a hard working, strong skating partner on the wing (or the other way round), he still could have an impact...especially in PP-Situations and against lesser opponents in must win games.
I mentionned Bieber as an example of a player whose main asset is his speed, it wasn't a direct comparison to Cunti.

Regarding Sprunger, not surprisingly he had his best tournament in 2008 with Sannitz and Monnet, but I think we now have better options.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote