Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 11:23 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
I actually agree that Ambühl would be best used as a winger, but unlike you I don't mind him as a center. 2008 was maybe his best tournament and he centered Wick and Bärtschi back then. And Krüger also used him many times as a defensive center.
I know, but I thoroughly think there're better options.

Quote:
I disagree with your point of view here. After missing the quarterfinals twice in a row, I think the team needs a strong showing this year. At the point where Switzerland is now, medalling at the World Championship would be as big as medalling at the Olympics.
For me the QF are secondary.the style of hockey is more important (of course I don't wnat them to be relegated). because what's the point when you play with a team that gets to the QF but has to let all its energy on the road to come there and has nothing left in the tank to continue? We've had solid results for 10 years now, but what I want is a coach who tries do give his team some freedom on attack against strong competition (it's much less tyring for the players when they spend some time in the O), plus that they don't have to completely chance their game against lesser opponents. And I think Simpson shows this will, and therefore I can live with some subpar results we had over the last years, when the team is on the road for the next step (which I think they are). But if the Federation looks at it similar, I'm not sure. And about medals: of course, a WCC-Medal would be awesome. I just think that the last WCC before OG in general should be used as a test-tournament. and the OG got one beig advantage, you don't have to think about relegation, which makes it much easier for teams like Germany, Switzerland, Latvia or Slovakia to think only one way.

Quote:
I mentionned Bieber as an example of a player whose main asset is his speed, it wasn't a direct comparison to Cunti.
Regarding Sprunger, not surprisingly he had his best tournament in 2008 with Sannitz and Monnet, but I think we now have better options.
Oups, so I misread it, sorry.

What are your thoughts about Scherwey? or A.Berger? to make the team... (I know I mentioned Berger once a few months ago, and people in here didn't agree at all, but now after his first play-offs what are your impressions?)

duga is offline   Reply With Quote