Thread: Switzerland: National team discussion
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 11:51 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisdan View Post
Sorry Duga, but how can you even think to add a player like A. Berger? He is just a big player but I cannot see any asset in his game. It's like Scherwey, I think it 's better player than Berger, but it stays an energy player without real skills. I know we don't have a lot of depth but still...
I like to bring the odd one into the disscussion, once in a while. makes it all more interessting IMO. He's big, he got a very nice wrister around the net (you've seen his goal in the POs-final?), he can fight if the germans try to goon it up again (especially when guys like Bezina are missing), and you could put him in front of the net in PP -situations. Of course he's slow, and he doesn't play as hard as I hoped after his NA-adventure. But I'm missing a guy like Gardner on the team, and he would be the closest...

Scherwey's combo of speed, powerskating, checking, strenght, forechecking and recklesness is very unique in Switzerland... so I could forgive about his bad offensive instincts and average hands. (As I've written a few posts above: For me he's one of this few europeens who could end up as a pest in the NHL)

duga is offline   Reply With Quote