View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybynite77 View Post
Nurse if he's there in the 5-9 range is a good fit for the Flyers and that's been discussed a lot, but I really like the Finnish d-man Rasmus Ristolainen if the Flyers end up in the 9-13 range and Nurse obviously isn't there. I think at worst he's your future 2nd pairing d-man and more than capable of being your one of the D-men on your 2 PP units.

I also think it's a good fit for the Flyers who need IMMEDIATE help since he could come over and play next year (assuming his contract situation allows for such?) and then he could be groomed by Kimmo for a year which is another big positive.
From what I've read, he's the most NHL-ready defenseman in the draft after Jones. He's got good mobility and decent size (though he isn't overly physical), and one of the better wrist shots amongst the draft-eligible defensemen. He's also a RH shot.

Based on all that, I think I prefer him to Zadorov, Pulock, or Morrissey--but I know that at least Zadorov and Pulock have strong and vocal supporters on this board.