View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
optimus2861

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Patrick View Post
Theres never a good time to be crapping, but I agree totally with what you're saying on the top tier teams vs us. We arent a top tier team, everyone knows that, even MB. That being said we are the kind of time that could surprise some, I just hope that its a slump because yes we could regain our confidence and do well in the playoffs, but we could also be in for a very quick exit along with a disastrous end of season.
Yup. We really ought to win one round, but expecting more than that is probably folly. Realistically we're probably a "second-tier" team this year, behind the likes of the Penguins, Blackhawks, Bruins, and Kings. We're sitting in that second tier with the Ducks, the Canucks, and maybe the Capitals. Teams that, if the chips fall just right, can get to the third round or deeper, but probably shouldn't.

Yes, I put the Kings ahead of the Ducks, partly due to defending-champion status, and partly because their shot numbers are just so convincingly in their favor. They've got the kind of numbers they had last year going into the playoffs, and look what happened then.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote