View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 02:57 PM
StellerEller
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 425
Galchenyuk, from a passing/playmaking standpoint, would do wonders for the PP. His vision and the crisp, accurate passes he makes are fantastic, even at 19. Then add in the fact that he can shoot, one-time, and most importantly hold the puck down low (opening up the pointshot) makes me want to pull my hair out when MT doesn't put him out there.

I'd also like to see Pacioretty play with Plekanec. Every time he happens to be on the ice with Plek, he seems more effective and dangerous. This is because with DD, Pacioretty has to be the on the wall controlling the puck, which takes away his threat as the scorer/finisher. Despite all the changes we may want to see, we know MT is going to do his thing with DD (and Moen in a different way). He obviously has confidence in him and is going to use him in the top6 and PP. And while many of us don't see that as ideal or effective, here's a "compromise" of sorts that could work. (assuming Ryder is out)

Pacioretty-Plek-Gallagher: Pacioretty, as I said, looks better with Plekanec, who can hold onto the puck for longer than DD and allows Max to be the finisher. Gallagher gets to play as the only small guy on the line, and deserves 1st line icetime at this point IMO.

Galchenyuk-DD-Bourque: Size on the wings for DD, Galchenyuk can control the puck on the boards, like Max has, but he has way better hands and passing skills, so that role fits him more. Bourque is the replacement for what Max is supposed to be (Power Forward/Muscle) and while he's not as good as Max in general, I find him playing a bigger game at the moment.

Prust-Eller-Gionta: With Both Eller and Prust, Gionta has way more room to be the player he's supposed to be. All three defend very well and can be very physical and Agressive. This should be our Crash-and-Bang offesive line. None of these guys are great playmakers, but they can all score and if they forecheck and rush the opposition, it might negate that element to this line. At the very least, they can help shut down the opposition.

Moen-Halpern-Blunden/Dumont: Moen isn't going anywhere and unfortunately he doesn't look to be rebounding from a very poor season. Halpern is obvious here because he's been a fantastic 4C and Blunden and Dumont IMO are about equal in ability for the 4th line. Either can be in AFAIC but right now give Dumont a shot because he just scored his 1st goal and may be more versitle.