Thread: Bud Holloway
View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 04:56 PM
KapG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
It's been pretty well documented in interviews and such that Holloway left not because he felt snubbed at the lack of a callup but because DL wouldn't give him a one-way contract... He didn't want to spend another season in Manchester playing for peanuts and took the cash to work on his game in the SEL.

Even DL has said he was confused by Bud's choice and had him penciled in on the third line the season he left.

I'd like the Kings to try and sign him as he may be a really solid replacement for Penner but if that doesn't happen oh well, I wish him the best of luck as the Kings are in pretty decent shape right now without him...

I'd also like to point out that while he was the Monarchs leading scorer for two years in a row, never in any point (excluding playoffs) in his time in Manchester was he the top producing player for the them. There was always someone like Moller, Loktionov, or Parse that was putting up points at a better pace than Holloway and many of those got callups. Doesn't mean he isn't good or great, just pointing out that as good as he was doing others were more impressive.
and why do you think he wanted the one way contract?

ill give you a hint. It probably had to do with the fact that he felt that without a one way contract in LA, he would just spend more time in the AHL where he felt he had nothing to prove.

KapG is online now   Reply With Quote