View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
YP44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree (as usual) and want to add that Stamkos is a great example of bringing a scoring forward along in the same manner. His first season he would play and sit, play and sit and then sit until he had a handle on the how to play in the NHL and they had the ability to make a permanent spot for him. Stamkos was handled perfectly and TT is being done in a very similar manner.

On D you can use VV as an example of how it is done. When they are ready under the best circumstances you bring them up with sheltered minutes and D partners and then ease them into their spots.

One of the things I like about the way that DL brings our kids up and onto our team (when he does so) is that we place all of our concern into bringing the kid up at the right time. VV would have been the Calder winner if he had played all 82 games last season imo.

DL knew that VV was very close to ready and could have made room for him early on but waited until the right situation came along. He wasn't concerned about VV possibly losing out on being rookie of the year as much as he was on continuing to develop him into a great player.

TT is being brought along correctly and both Vey and TP will be too. There may not be any set rule on when but how seems to be pretty easy when you know what your doing.

That is what makes the Kozun situation frustrating to me but as always I may question some of the decisions that DL and co make but I support them entirely.
I get what both of you are saying but I think most believe that Melrose screwed up stamkos's rookie year.
I agree that you should only put kids in where they have a chance to succeed. However I still maintain that currently I do not think Kozun would succeed if he was put into a third line role with the kings.
That is all.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote