View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 05:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsized View Post
I don't think the Wings have much chance of winning the cup either but the playoffs are a strange beast. Detroit has played some very tight games against Chicago. They lost in shootouts but they can play with good teams. Injuries, bounces, implosions, ect all happen in the playoffs. Goaltenders get hot. Roll players score hat tricks. Intangibles surface and they cant be predicted. You have to be in the playoffs to find out what can happen. Maybe the Wings get trounced in the first round and maybe they don't. However we would get to see how some of the young players respond to the different style game and pressure. Besides draft picks are a roll of the dice. High picks don't guarantee anything. Zetterberg/Datsyuk were late picks, Crosby a first overall. I would venture to guess that when all is said and done the Wings will have gotten much more mileage out of either player than the Pens will get out of Crosby. Playing for draft picks is weak. I am glad that kind of culture hasn't crept into the Wings organization even if it has in some of their fan base.
Crosby saved the Pens franchise and got them a new building. I don't think you can say they haven't gotten a lot of mileage out of him, even with the injuries. He makes them a fortune and has brought them a cup.

I am not sure hoping for draft picks is a great idea, but I am glad they didn't trade the first this year in the event they missed the playoffs. I like this draft a lot.