View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 05:10 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
I really don't want this to come down to a you are less of a fan argument if you don't want them to make the playoffs. I am merely arguing that the long term health of the franchise will be better off if they don't make the playoffs. I certainly don't think less of any fan who wants to see the Wings make the playoffs because they believe they will get hot. I disagree that it will happen, but you are entitled to feel that way as a fan. I have done it before and I am sure I will do it too if the Wings do end up making the playoffs. I call it ignoring your brain and listening to your heart.

The Wings are in this position because management has been far too passive and content with the results. The playoff streak ending might compel management to think outside the box. I am actually skeptical this will happen since getting destroyed in the first round by the Preds should be reason enough to be more aggressive and risky with the management of the team, but I sure don't think losing in the first round again has any chance of convincing management to change their methods. They have far too many excuses to explain why they got smoked by the Hawks. They don't have any excuses to not make it in as the 8th seed against a Columbus team with half the talent Detroit has.