View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
rumple03

vCash: 500
I think tonight the Habs come out flying, that's my hope anyway. I will admit I didn't see all of the game against the Pen's, but I did see most of the 1st period, and it looked like a team in disarray. I think this is a confidence thing, and that can be contagious. Doesn't matter who it starts with, it can affect other players, especially in regard to the defensive side of the game.

Playing good defense relies on all players on the ice in the defensive zone to work in sync to neutralize or minimize any offensive threat, and to keep most shots to the outside. When one player starts to struggle, it causes other players to try and compensate, either because they are trying to help the other player out, or because they are not confident that a player is going to make the right choices. That's when the breakdowns begin and everyone seems to get out of sync. The result is a bunch of guys running around all over the place giving up high % scoring chances.

Although i didn't see a whole lot of both the 2nd and 3rd period, the team showed resilience even after being down 4-0 and managed to come score 4 goals, some of which were very nice and flashes of what the team has been doing all year long.

My hope is that this carries over to this evening, I'm sure it helped build some confidence in that dressing room, and Price seemed to settle down considerably compared to the previous games. Maybe that's just what he needed, to come in relief of Buds, in a game that looked to be a blowout, no real pressure to stand on his head, just relax and do the best he can.

We will find out soon enough.