View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Kessel,Carter were important pieces but not nearly as important to Boston and Philly as Webs is to Nashville. Nash was very important obviously but the only thing he could lead them too was constant disappointment and left the fans always yearning for more from him.

Weber is the face of the franchise, we have him on a lifetime deal, we are going to spend 27 million over a calender year for him. I'm pretty sure you can trade cash now again if I remember hearing right with the new CBA. If I'm Poile the only trade I would ever accept for Weber is an overpayment of quality young players, not picks and cash too help recroup all this bonus money we have paid too him.

It would look awful if the Preds traded Weber this offseason on all fronts. I couldn't even imagine.
You can trade cap space, not cash.

I am NOT saying we should trade Weber. I am saying it is worth exploring our options. He is more important to us than Nash or Kessel was, yes, but he is also worth a ton more. I believe Weber would net the greatest return in the history of the NHL if he was traded.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote