View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 05:45 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
For all you Marner fans out there.

He has been playing for the St. Michael's Buzzers , during their playoff run, and has seen limited role in first 3 rounds. This Final round against Newmarket, he has been playing on the 2nd line with a veteran and another rookie, and he has been shining.

Yesterday, he was clearly the best player on the ice between the 2 teams, and was playing against 20year olds, in the final. He was first star of the game, and could have had 3 goals.

London will definitely be happy with their future star. He is presently 5'9.5" and needs to fill out.

I am sure my buddies Mapleleaf and Tigers were interested in reading an update on my sleeper pick.
lol, Yes Im very interested. Ive been out to watch that series and your right he has been good, he has been pretty good all year as an AP for the Buzzers. I saw him also earlier on before Christmas I think for the Buzzers. Games are foggy, I watched about 250 minor midget games and other leagues.

I heard rumblings during the Marlboro classic tourney he would probably be a London pick. The head scout of the Knights, Lindsay Hofford is very familar with him, trains or coaches him I believe. Im not sure Marner was willing to go anywhere. Thats what I have heard. Good on him for being selected #19, I never doubted his skill, just a size and strength issue and how that can be exposed on the ice in certain situations. He is a pretty slippery player and can stick handle in a phone booth. More important than height for him, is just hitting the gym and gaining weight. His playmaking skills are evident.

U predicted #15 for Mitch "Grand" Marner (kudos to Garyboy for the nickname) early in the year, good job to place him there chewer.

Thanks for helping keep this thread alive pre- Christmas, it seemed like it was just yourself and I.

See u here, same time, same place, next year for the 98 group. Thanks to all the posters in this thread this year, u know who u are.

mapleleaf979 is offline   Reply With Quote