View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Warm Cookies
Breakin Records

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Lolwut? Show me where I said anything about the deal that the OP proposed.
You said every team needs a Voynov. The Pens do not. He's better than any of our defensemen save Letang and Martin, but he's a luxury we don't require.

You know, like how Malkin's a fantastic player who would make any team better, but he's not a need for the Kings? Yeah. It's not a commentary on the player's talent level, but on the team's organizational make-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
Voynov's good, but the Penguins have no need to give up assets (let alone Malkin) for talented young defensemen. That's their surplus.
Precisely. Why is this so hard for people to grasp? Shero didn't work to build the best prospect blueline in the NHL so he could trade the second best player in the world just to get another friggin' defenseman. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
That is true. Which is why players like Kopitar, Toews and Giroux are practically untouchable and worth so much more than most fans think.
And 26 year old Conn Smythe winners, MVPs, and two-time scoring champs are worth so much less, evidently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
I know right. Wow.

The Pens are in a polarizing situation recently and could be for a long time:

1. If Crosby and Malkin are healthy = Cup favorites
2. If Crosby and/or Malkin are injured = In big trouble
Yeah, the Pens have really suffered this year when one or both of them has been out.