View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 07:08 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
I didn't find that Friedman mentioned that, I just read Yakupov, though I think they'll be listening closely to others for both. Umberger could be a minor portion of the deal- assuming we retain a million plus in salary he would be the kind of player they need to add. First and second year star pro's don't often get traded- but Edmonton has to be bold now, and we have what they need.

I'd be a bit nervous about acquiring either one. Both players would downgrade your two way play given the ice-time they'd take away from other players, and that would be a significant factor if we were to replace one of our centers with Nuge. But he's a great power play player already, and maybe an elite center someday. And Yakupov could score 40 without ever learning to play the game right, his shot is so good.

Edit: Friedman explicitly cites Howson's Nash trade as the "blueprint" for what Edmonton needs to do.
I had not heard any names mentioned, only that Edmonton is finally realizing that to get better they are going to have to part with one of their young guns. They do not have enough other assets that will get them what they need.

Will be interesting to watch, and even more interesting to see if the CBJ try and get something done with them.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote