View Single Post
04-18-2013, 09:29 PM
vCash: 553
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
It's already been stated that they like Barkov a lot more, so I HIGHLY doubt we have to worry about that. I would be pissed though
the only way i see the Oilers trading down is if CLB wants to move and they are willing to give up 2 1st round picks (1 being their own and the other being NJs) PLUS Johansen. Or OTT gives up Stone AND a solid guy like Greening just to flip picks.

That would make me think but Barkov is still THE guy in my opinion. To me the packages above dont even do it for me. Barkov is the better player. From a team depth perspective it might make more sense to do a step down and take a few players we need now and then draft a lesser prospect. But i dont see us trading down for an extra pick.

MacT did have a point that with our core we do have the strength to trade from strength. If people want to move up and take a flip of picks they will pay out the *** for it.

I see us in the top 5 and not moving. Barkov is more needed here than Jones, Nate, Drouin etc. He is also the best of that position. I dont see us passing on him and if we have to move up one or two spots to block him from another team i think MacT will do it. More likely MacT moves up one or two spots than down.