View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I meant, out of that user. Not overall

But, yeah, I concur that DD has to play better, and borderline much better. Important for, like, the success of the team? Oddly, he does some things really well this season (like, backcheking and help on the outlet passes) that I didn't expect him to do THAT well. Not that he's great defensively, but he's a wise player, and he makes sure he can use that trait in the D-Zone. So it compensates for his utter lack of instincts on defense.

The problem is, his offensive game is... let's just say that the doesn't create that much, even if he should've had deserved a better face with the setup for Bourque, which was absolutely perfect.
He's a bad defensive player but he can recover at least.

As long as he gets offensive zone starts he doesn't really hurt us defensively, though his backchecking was awful today. Because of his limitations when he's not playing at full force it's very noticeable. His wingers haven't really been helping him though.

As far as his playmaking goes...he has a bit of Gomezitis this year, which is worrying, lots of lateral passes. Even then, Pacioretty has had awful luck shooting-wise this year.