View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 11:14 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Trade (1st) Barkov\Monahan for Lucic?
I don't think I would do it only because of the position Lucic plays.

6 for Hall, 6 for Eberle, 6 for Lucic. Give Yakupov a couple more seasons and you would have your top 6 wingers making likely 24 million combined.

I don't think you can afford to fill out the other key positions of a roster when you have so much tied up in those spots. A Lucic type is what we need. But I think we would be better off going for a cheaper option. For example. Tampa is going to be right near the cap next year and will likely be looking to change some spots of their organization. Ryan Malone is a 1.5 cheaper than Lucic, is only signed for 2 more seasons beyond this one (allows for a Yakupov raise down the line). He has had an off year this year, but he has produced points at a similar pace to Lucic the two seasons prior. He's older, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The team could use some veteran players who can actually still contribute.

The biggest benefit is that he wouldn't cost that 1st rounder. Although there is a huge concern in that he has missed at least 10 games a year for the last 5 years.

I'm 100% into moving that pick. I think it has to either be for a legit 1/2 line center or top 2/4 d-man though.