View Single Post
Old
04-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
Schultz and Klefbom will likely fill the 1-2 positions on the Oiler's blueline, and Marincin looks fairly promising, like he could become a compete shutdown type defenseman in time with very good offensive upside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
I'm MUCH more confident that Barkov can be a #2C than that Nurse will be a #1 dman
Well, I don't see Schultz or Klefbom being #1 defencemen. Of course, as long as the rest of our D-core is solid we really don't need a legit #1. And I was talking about Jones, referring to this quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
I see us in the top 5 and not moving. Barkov is more needed here than Jones, Nate, Drouin etc. He is also the best of that position. I dont see us passing on him and if we have to move up one or two spots to block him from another team i think MacT will do it. More likely MacT moves up one or two spots than down.
Jones is projected to be a #1 defenceman. Barkov could be a #1 center but on our team he would probably be #2 behind Nuge. #1 D > #2 C. I also think a #1 D would have a greater impact than a #2 C.