View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 12:05 AM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustE View Post
so, take yet another 5'10", 180LB dangler, then try and trade 2 of our four 5'10", 180LB danglers for what we actually need?. this fascination with danglers is gonna make me slash my wrists. How many danglers does LA have? Boston? Pittsburg?

at some point, and the point has actually passed, the Oilers have to build a team. they need a small danglers as much as they need another Cory Potter.

if they take Drouin I will lose my f--king mind.
Honestly if the Oilers were picking say 8th... and for some reason Drouin fell and was still on the board... and all the other elite names were already gone... I'd have no problem at all with the Oilers picking him.

He'd definitely be BPA and he's arguably the most talented player in the entire draft. He may not be ideal to fill the "bigger and more physical" mandate everyone is shooting for on the Oilers, but innate talent and skill conquers all.

Management would simply have to make other moves to fill those holes. Their incompetence to do so can't be a reason to not choose a supremely talented player like Drouin.