View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Up the Irons

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Honestly if the Oilers were picking say 8th... and for some reason Drouin fell and was still on the board... and all the other elite names were already gone... I'd have no problem at all with the Oilers picking him.

He'd definitely be BPA and he's arguably the most talented player in the entire draft. He may not be ideal to fill the "bigger and more physical" mandate everyone is shooting for on the Oilers, but innate talent and skill conquers all.
Management would simply have to make other moves to fill those holes. Their incompetence to do so can't be a reason to not choose a supremely talented player like Drouin.
respectfully disagree. talent is maybe 1/4 of a championship team. a championship team might have 1 dangler, often none and very rarely two. although, i agree, i we pick as low as 8th and Drouin is still there, that's different. i mean, McKinnonon/Monohan/Barkov before Drouin. BPA available before need in most years. but in Oilers circa 2013, after 3 consecutive 1st overalls and a gluttony of smallish forwards, need over BPA. gotta build a team.

Last edited by Up the Irons: 04-19-2013 at 12:15 AM.