Thread: Relentless
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 01:03 AM
major major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToursLepantoVienna View Post

Frankly, I expected to see a more defensive-minded team, looking to keep things tight in the neutral zone, lots of dump-and-chase and dump-and-change, and rely on Bob to keep them in it. Wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Not sure I agree. Skating and forecheck are the team's calling cards. Stands out more the better they play/execute, like last night.
I would just like to point out that Tours' expectations above, which I think accurately describes most of the way we've played, is not mutually-exclusive with a hard-skating forechecking team. Indeed we dump and chase and forecheck, and we skate and keep things tight in the neutral zone. It's good hockey all around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions about the Jackets on the main boards. They aren't a trap team.
The "trap" proper is a specific strategy that not that many teams employ, and the Jackets don't do it. "Trap" also is commonly used to refer to any strategy to gum up the neutral zone, and the Jackets sometimes do that, just like most other teams. We also have a great forecheck with lots of pressure, so as a derisive term to apply to teams that sit back, "trap" is misplaced in reference to the Jackets.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote