View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 02:21 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Well, I don't see Schultz or Klefbom being #1 defencemen. Of course, as long as the rest of our D-core is solid we really don't need a legit #1. And I was talking about Jones, referring to this quote...

Jones is projected to be a #1 defenceman. Barkov could be a #1 center but on our team he would probably be #2 behind Nuge. #1 D > #2 C. I also think a #1 D would have a greater impact than a #2 C.
My perspective is that both a 1/2 C with 2 way solid game and awesome offense, and SIZe and PHYSICALity... is more needed on the OIlers because we dont have jack nor **** as options for that position in the system. On the other hand we have Klefbom Marincin and Musil on D.

from A GM perspective of making sure my franchise is 6 deep in all positions i am drafting the stud C.

Oh and as a bonus im pretty sure this helps our midget wingers.

Im also coming from a mindset that; i am an impatient man and i will do bold things like get a D via trade-or FA, the right D...a D with very little growing pains...a d that doesnt need 5 years to adapt and fill out. A d ready to play strong minutes Oct 2nd.
Itake the learning curve and playing against 15 year olds in junior as a dman to heart when drafting a D.

I think we all know what the Oilers will do. No one is waiting another 5 years for this draft pick to make an impact.

Barkov for Bogosian or another NHL PROVEN and NEAR POLISHED DMAN is the only interest on the back end for the oil if they want to get out of the basement.

Last edited by oilinblood: 04-19-2013 at 02:34 AM.