View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 07:44 AM
DousedInOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
If Drouin is head and shoulders better than the next guy available, you'd be foolish to pass on him because of need. What happens if we trade for Lucic and then sign Horton?(not saying it'll happen) Suddenly we won't need grit, and Drouin will bring a much better return than say Nurse or Monahan. If the players are close, then sure. But as Jimmi Jenkins said, you don't pass on Kane for JVR just to address size
Thats a lot of ifs. First, I don't think Drouin is that much better than Barkov if we are picking top 7. So it would have to be a debate between Drouin, Monahan, Nurse and Lindholm. Obviously Drouin is better in terms of talent but that doesn't mean we have to draft him. At that point I recommend trading the pick in order to address a need. Someone would be willing to pay a premium for Drouin. I don't like the idea of drafting a guy just to trade him within the year.

Also, if we hypotheticaly added Horton type player and a Lucic (which I doubt Boston gets rid of all of their toughness) it's not like we still don't have enough small skilled guys.

Hall-RNH-Lucic
Horton-Gagner-Yakupov
PRV-Barkov-Jones
Hartski-Horcoff-Brown

That's a solid lineup. That doesn't even include what we would get in a trade for Hemsky.