View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Assuming no adjustments to our roster, other than Diaz returning, I'd say we have the best chance against Ottawa. Alfredsson and Gonchar are key players who are likely to wear out quicker due to age.

If we play Toronto, it'll be very interesting to see if we adjust our roster accordingly and bring up Blunden or Tinordi to add some size. Not in the first two games, but if it turns into a one-dimensional physical series. Right now, I'm pretty happy with Dumont and hope we can keep him and keep our fast skill game. Leafs can be exposed as mediocre if we play our game and Price plays like Price.

If we play NYI, all bets are off. They're the dark horse of the EC. They're faster than us (at least their top line is) and we have the most trouble with them, at least when they're on. They have more pure skill, we have more depth. Winner would be determined by whose goalie is more solid.
Going to completel disagree with you about the Isles. They don't have much depth, just one solid line, which is very slow might I add. Moulson and Tavares, while terrifying offensively, are both not fleet of foot. Boyes is just a complimentary player who has fit in nicely on that line. The have Thomas hickey on their 1st pairing... not much depth at Defense, and Nabokov would be on the same level as price's mediocre season.

The habs best match up against 1 line teams in the POs. They are easier to manage as Pleks, gio can play a shutdown role, and gorges subban can shut them down in a 7 game series.

I obviously selected the Isles, but there are always surprises in the POs... Mtl can be that surprise!

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote