View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 09:15 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Well, this is where you and I differ in our thinking. You think any winger should be able to play either side, whereas I think they have their strong side and weak side. Therefore, even with LWs Richie and Penner gone next season, that still doesn't create room for RWs Holloway and Toffoli.
I never said that.

I do believe that players should be able to play multiple positions, but playing either wing with no loss in skill/ability isn't a constant for all players. Playing your off wing for example can greatly affect your shot and shooting angle and make it easier to knock you off the puck. Not all players can play their off wing. So no, not all players can play either wing.

Most however can, and odds are that if Holloway (who I never mentioned in this thread at all from what I can recall) and Toffoli make the squad next year, that either they will be able to play the off-wing, or lines can be shuffled somewhat to allow for an easier transition. The same can be said of Kozun. The amount of line juggling that goes on in camp and to start the season is a lot higher than fans think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRoyalty View Post

I'm still trying to figure out how someone (not you) could claim that I was trying to paint a negative picture of Kozun in this story...if anything, it's the exact opposite.
I agree. Outside of the "top two lines or bust at the NHL level" comment, I agreed with the article completely, and never found it to be negative at all.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote