View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 10:55 AM
BronYrAur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Bolland & Frolik are easier to replace than Stalberg or Bickell.

I agree keep the 3rd line together for next season, but I replace Bickell with Morin unless Bickell & Stalberg both are signed for 5m together. 3m to Stally & 2m to Bickell... probably not going to happen

Is there any reason to think that Brandon Pirri couldn't put up
David Krejci type numbers?

Krejci last year numbers in the AHL 69GP 31G 43A = 74 points
Pirri in Rockford this year 74GP 21G 49A = 70 points

Resign Handzus.

Next year
Saad--Toews--Hossa
Sharp -- Pirri --Kane
Morin-- Handzus-- Stalberg
Shaw-- Kruger --Carcillo
Bollig, Danault
He's not gonna put up Krejci numbers his first year in the league......

Bickell is more replaceable than Bolland. Yeah he gets hurt a lot, yeah he's not a 2C, but he has been a damn good 3C his entire career. Bickell is a 3rd line winger. He is very replaceable.

Saad - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Pirri - Hossa
Morin - Bolland - Shaw
Frolik - Kruger - Carcillo/Bollig/Handzus

Maybe you can re-sign Bolland for cheaper than his current deal. If not, see ya later. You got Kruger/McNeill/Danault who could all potentially step into his role in 2014-15.

Fact is, everyone looks at the coming year to see if we can re-sign Bickell & Stalberg. The coming year isn't the problem. We will be fine because of Jayes/Pirri/Morin. The problem is the next few years after that. Folks shouldn't act like the cap is automatically goign to jump back up above $70m in a couple seasons because it may not. And when Kane/Toews/Saad all need considerable raises at the exact same time, that's when you're going to be completely ****ed if you didn't think about it and signed Stalberg/Bickell to 3-4 year deals. Ooops, I've got Stalberg & Bickell but Toews & Kane are gone.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote