Thread: Mats Zuccarello
View Single Post
Old
04-19-2013, 10:59 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I understand the defensive side of the puck. I have been defending Boyle on here for a year. However, you stated that doesn't happen to average defensive players. It does all the time. They are split second decisions.

MZA is also a solid forechecker and pocket picker all over the ice.

Is he going to win a Selke? No, of course not. Is he going to be a PKer? No. The Rangers have enough of those types of players. I fail to understand why it is not a good idea for this team to have a supremely skilled player who creates flexibility throughout the line-up and contributes on the score-sheet.

I am not comparing him directly to Briere as Danny has proven he has a ton of offense in him, but Briere is a BAD defensive player and has done just fine for himself. Another small forward with a ton of skill.
I never said to take him out of the lineup. Im saying I dont think hes a difference maker. And you need difference makers on a contending team. Hes fine for just another mediocre Ranger squad trying to squeak into the playoffs.

When he produces offensively to Danny Briere levels, he can miss all the assignments he wants. Wake me when that happens.